I am a multi-disciplinarian. I am interested in human nature, technology, how we experience the world, how it all intersects, and what it means for the future.
Well in our country you’d generally get to somewhere else – if you ran very fast for a long time as we’ve been doing.” “A slow sort of country!” says the Queen. “Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!” – Through the Looking Glass
Van Valen coined the hypothesis “Red Queen” because under this interpretation, species have to “run” or evolve in order to stay in the same place or remain extant. – Red Queen Hypothesis
Standing still is not an option. Yearning for a simpler time is not an option. Extending Daniel Defoe, there are only three things in life that are guaranteed: death, taxes, and change. Change is constant. Personal, work / business, societal.
We can try to fight it. But we won’t win.
The best way forward is to understand it, embrace it, and leverage it.
My point of view comes from, having three different careers, sometimes overlapping: activating customer experience programs for brands, running marketing agencies, and actually understanding technology because I have designed and built software products.
Things I’ve done:
- Transforming enterprise SaaS platform, with millions of paying accounts, from monolithic application to distributed architecture
- Building complex applications with Python, C#, Java, PHP, Swift, Node.js, AngularJS, MySQL, MongoDB, SQL Server
- Evaluating and selecting technology stack based on long-term maintainability, cost, scalability, and in-house / out-sourced talent knowledge base and availability
Product Release Management
- Coordinating with stakeholders to ensure agreed upon deliverables
- Managing roadmap of functionality and schedules of releases
- Coordinating alpha and beta tests, final and patch releases
- Coordinating with QA to analyze bugs and work with dev to prioritize fixes
- Built Amazon Alexa Skills with Node.js and AWS Lambda
- Built chatbots for Facebook Messenger with Node.js, S3, MongoDB and IBM Watson for natural language processing.
- Can code standard deep learning algorithms like gradient descent from scratch.
Brand Creation & Personality
- Codifying brand core values, essence, and positioning. Identifying audiences through market/trend analysis and research.
- Identifying tangible and intangible personality traits that encompass the values, positioning, and essence of brands and makes them unique. Creating purposeful, consistent tone and voice through words that connect, engage and motivate customers.
Visual Identity Systems
- Packaging logos, icon system, textures, typography, and color palettes into a system of elements working together to provide unity, consistency, and flexibility that keeps the brand fresh and lively across channels and platforms while still being consistent and familiar.
- Executing audits, competitor benchmarking, selecting target audiences and approaches, defining key brand messages per audience, creating marketing mix, and defining success.
- Defining goals and measures, creating customer personas, review customer journeys, and creating campaigns. Creating customer engagement and personalization plans based on journeys, rules and/or triggers
- Generate demand with responsive websites, mobile apps, video, paid/owned/shared media, print, and OOH channels and integrations.
- Benchmarking, analyzing and optimizing omnichannel interactions and conversion funnels
- Positioning and messaging large scale business transformation to internal and external stakeholders highlighting improved processes, more efficiencies, and increased flexibility, in a challenging and competitive global market.
Global Employee Engagement
- Creating measurable Rewards & Recognition programs to focus on engaging employees to be more empathetic and responsive to both their internal audiences and the customers.
- Helping executives develop internal and external communications that present complex information in a clear, concise and compelling way.
- Organizing events and creating communications for C-level leadership from around the world to discuss innovative strategies and successful practices for improving customer satisfaction, enhancing employee engagement, inspiring customer loyalty, and driving enterprise-wide growth.
Global VOC + VOE Research
- Running qualitative and quantitative research programs to understand target audiences’ behaviors and the perceptions that drive it. Using findings and implications to identify areas for improvement as well as potential new opportunities.